Technically, routerlogin setup for Backup and Restore features is best option to secure the data from an unwanted issue. The backup setting allows one to save any a file related to router configuration setting, wireless settings, WAN setup, port forwarding, etc. saved to your computer. Fortunately, you can use this file Restore setting to save your time that you have to spend in setup. There are two options, one to keep the back-up and another is to restore the backup file. Further, we shall discuss the benefits and there setting in your Netgear Setup wizard.
- Go to your ‘Browser’
- Type the URL ‘http://routerlogin.net’ or ‘http://192.168.0.1’ and press enter.
- Fill the login details, with username and password ‘admin’ in case sensitive. Or if you have changed the password then type the changed password.
- Click on ‘Log-in’
- Go to the ‘Main Menu’
- Scroll the ‘Maintenance’
- Click on ‘Backup Settings’
- The first option will come ‘Save a Copy of Current Settings’, click on ‘Backup’.
- Now select the location where you want to save the backup settings. Most of the time, users save the file on the desktop. But it is recommended to save the backup to any drive.
- On clicking this option, you have saved the current settings on your PC.
Restore The Backup Settings
- On the same page of ‘Back Settings’, there is the second option ‘Restore Saved Settings from a File’.
- Click on the Browse to select the file which you want to upload.
- Click on the ‘Restore’ option and then ‘Ok’ to upload the data immediately.
Data has uploaded. There is another option that is ‘Revert to Factory Default Settings’. Don’t click on this option. If you click on this, all your routerlogin setup will be deleted and you have to start the process again with default settings. In case you are getting any problem, you can click on ‘Erase’ option to begin the process with default settings.