So, you lost the configuration CD of Netgear N300 Routerlogin and now need the configuration without CD. Fortunately, routers are featured with various setup methods where you don’t need to choose a specific CD. Before going ahead, you must know the initial configuration will remain almost same while after login we shall go as per the software or interface installed on your device.
Netgear N300 Routerlogin Setup
- Make sure the computer (any device), broadband/modem and Router are power off.
- Connect your PC and Router using Ethernet Cable.
- To connect the modem with Router, use the DSL cable to connect to WAN’s port of the router.
- Check the Router’s backside, the power on/ off switch should be on and then power on all other connected devices.
- Router‘s LED will light up as orange shade and then convert into the green.
- Now go to the preferable browser and type the default IP address either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1. You can also log in via web address routerlogin.
- Further, you will get username and password, type ‘admin’. If you ever changed it then type the changed password. In condition, both passwords do not work then Reset Netgear N300 Router
If your Netgear Router Password has worked well and you have accessed the basic home page of your router, the further setting will depend on the type of your interface. For example, if your interface is Netgear genie, the configuration without CD will differ. So choose the settings for the respective interface.
DSL Modem Router Installed Smart Wizard Interface
If your device has installed the setup wizard interface then follow the further setup guide:
- Click on the Setup Wizard located on the left side.
- There will be two options, you just click on the ‘Yes’ > ‘Next’ > ‘Dynamic IP Detected’, click on the ‘Next’.
- The left side of the middle, click on ‘Router Upgrade’ option > Check > Yes.
DSL Modem Router Installed Netgear Genie Interface
People installed Netgear Genie interface can follow the below guidance:
- Click on the ‘ADVANCED’ option > Setup Wizard > Click on the Yes > Click on Next.
- To update your firmware click on ‘ADVANCED’ > Administration > Firmware Upgrade > Check.
- Now, wait until the firmware updates.
Cable Internet Connection Installed Smart Wizard Interface
The below information applies only to those who use Netgear N300 Router cable internet connection installed Smart Wizard Interface.
- Once you have logged in, click on ‘Setup Wizard’ on the left upper corner.
- It will show auto-detect connection type, click ‘Yes’ and then ‘Next’ option.
- You will get PPPoE page where the username and password details are provided to you by your internet service provider (ISP), fill the information and click on ‘Apply’> ‘Dynamic IP Address’ click on ‘Apply’.
- It will open ‘IP over ATM’ page, the details of this page are also provided by ISP, fill the required info and click on ‘Apply’ and then ‘Test’ option.
- The next page will open for Fixed IP, again get this info from your ISP and click on ‘Apply’ then ‘Test’ option.
All the settings are saved and here you will reach Router Firmware Upgrade, Router Maintenance, Router status and all settings of your Router. Whenever you need to make changes in the setting, you can simply access Routerlogin or IP address to reach the setup page.