Technically when you update the firmware, it becomes easier to maintain the Netgear Setup with new features. You can manually download the new version of the n150 router as well as can modify the settings of update firmware that reminds you of the firmware update when get access Netgear router login. The information is well described below:-
- Make sure you know the model number and version of your Netgear n150 Router. To check your Router version
Go to Router Login > Maintenance > Select Firmware Status
- Internet should stay connected with maximum speed.
Update The Firmware Manually:
- Open your browser and visit the Netgear Download Center or www.netgear.com/support
- Get the most recent version number of your Netgear n150 Router.
- Click on the ‘Download’ and wait, it will take time to download the firmware
- Now go to your browser or type routerlogin.net
- Confirm username and password
- Click on the ‘Maintenance’ and then click on the ‘Router Upgrade’
- Click on the ‘Browse’ option
- Locate the firmware that is downloaded to your computer. The file will end with ‘.img or .chk.’ Extension.
- Click on ‘Upload’
- The file will be sent to your ‘Firmware Router’
Update the Firmware via Netgear Setup
- When you have accessed the Netgear Setup page
- Click on the Maintenance > Router Upgrade > Click on Check
Important: There is a checkbox of “Check for New Version upon Log-In” If you click on this checkbox, whenever you access Netgear Setup page automatically the first option will come upon the screen for Firmware Update as a reminder.
- The “Check” option will take time to find whether there is the availability of ‘New Firmware Version’.
- Click on the Yes option and it will process to update the firmware and when the process gets an end, it will get restarted with updated features.
Thus accessing the Netgear Setup you can easily update the firmware. If you don’t want any problem then make sure to follow these:
When it is processing to update the firmware, don’t click on any tab, link or option, it may corrupt your firmware and make you unable to get updated features for your Router.