If you want to access Routerlogin in a dead zone of the internet, you can configure the Router with N300 Wifi Range Extender WN3000RP. Often due to weak signals, you get problems with slow downloading, long processing and buffering with online videos. Netgear configuration with range extender can provide the best result to access the internet.
Install Range Extender
- Following the general Netgear Router configuration, keep the range extender near to the router.
- Once the setup is done, place the extender at some distance to get Wifi signals but only inside the room.
- Plug in the extender in the power outlet and power on.
- When its power LED lights up in green, you are ready to use it.
How To Connect The Extender To Wifi Network (WPS)
It refers to the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) that helps you to connect the extender to Wifi Network without using any network name and password.
- The WPS button is located on the side panel of your range extender that you need to press. When it gets power on its WPS LED blinks.
- You also need to press the WPS button on your router.
- The blinking WPS LED on the router will become solid green as well as the Router LED will power on indicating that you are connected.
- Go to your Router connected device and find the extender network name that is now including the ‘_EXT’. For Example:
Your Wifi Network Name is: Netgear
After connecting WPS it will show: Netgear_EXT
- Connect your Wifi devices to new the network name.
- Now you can unplug the extender and move with your extender to another place where Wifi range is available.
Connect Extender with Netgear Genie Smart Setup
- To connect with Extender via Genie Smart setup, you have to go to your browser on the same device connected with new network name.
- However, it will automatically take you to Netgear Genie, if it is not appearing automatically then you can visit at www.mywifiext.net to get into Netgear Genie.
- The Genie app will display and you need to select the Wifi Range Extender radio button and click on ‘Continue’
- It will display the Wifi Networks in your area. Select the Wifi Networks with ‘_EXT’ and click on ‘Continue’.
- Type the security key that is your Wifi Network password and click on ‘Continue’
- It will appear Network Name (SSID) where you need to type new extender Wifi Network (You can also go with the existing Network Name) and click on ‘Continue’.
- The settings have been done, you can now use the Wifi network manager to connect extender’s created Wifi Network.
- Keep on clicking ‘Continue’ until the ‘Finish’ option arrives.
Install Range Extender as an Access Point
- Installation of extender as an Access Point enables one to create Wi-Fi hotspot using the wired Ethernet connection.
- Power on the Extender > connect Wifi connection > Access ‘Browser’ > Type mywifiext.net
- Netgear Genie Screen is displaying.
- Select the Access Point radio button and click on ‘Continue’.
- Connect the router to extender using Ethernet cable.
- The Range extender gets connected to the network and creates the WiFi hotspot.
Access Routerlogin After N300 Wifi Range Extender WN3000RP Installation
- First of all, connect your device with Wifi network to access extender’s network.
- Launch your web browser and type the address mywifiiext.net
- The Netgear Router Login screen will display, you need to enter the username and Netgear Router Password that is ‘admin’ in lower case by default until you change it.
You have accessed the routerlogin, Netgear setup page will display where you can update the firmware and can make the change in your Router.